Monday, February 14, 2011

Fashion Friday - The First Lady Rockin' A Frugal Frock, And Still Looking Fab

As I was checking my email I came across an article that made me stop in my tracks. “Michelle Obama wows in a $35 dress.” I instantly had to give my BFF the heads up about it. Her response: “You a damn liar!” Seriously. She was on the Today Show in a dress from H&M and it looked like a million bucks! A few styling edits and BAM! A phenomenal dress to fit her wonderful sense of style.

Regardless of your political affiliation, you have to admit, the First Lady has an impeccable sense of style that we haven’t seen since Jackie O. She appeals to the everyday woman and has become quite the fashion muse. If you’ve noticed, she’s not a brand snob. We’ve seen her in Target, J. Crew, White House Black Market, and now H&M. One thing is clear about Mrs. Obama’s personal style - It’s not about following trends or wearing big name designers. It’s about knowing who you are, what looks good on your body and what makes you feel good. PERSONAL style. It doesn’t matter who you wear, it’s HOW you wear it.

My best friend said it best, “Whether it's a $2000 dress or a $20 dress it doesn't matter it's all about how you wear it and how it fits your personal style.”

So find what works for you. Try different looks and trends and styles until you find what best fits YOU.

♥ - The Bougie Budgetista


No comments:

Post a Comment