Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thrifty Thursday - A Shoe Lover's Dream at Ross Dress For Less

For today's edition, we're talking shoes. But not just any kind of shoes. Designer shoes! Not quite Louboutins or Manolos. I haven't found a way to get great deals on those (yet). But we're still talking shoes that retail between $75 and $140 at Macy's, Bloomingdale's and Nordstrom for at least 50% off.

Let me preface this by saying that each Ross is different and could carry different merchandise, so you may have to try a few before you find the diamond in the rough. I'm lucky enough to have the most AMAZING Ross ever less than a mile away from my house. They carry Steve Madden, Jessica Simpson, Fergie, Carlos by Carlos Santana, Betsy Johnson, Guess, and even Michael Kors. Yes, I said Michael Kors! Their inventory is beyond compare. We're talking styles that are still currently in season, selling for full price in stores.

One day, a good friend of mine pranced into work with the most adorable pair of black leather Guess pumps. "I went shopping with a friend and was suckered into buying them." She got them from the Guess store and paid $90 for them. I couldn't help but shake my head when I broke the news. "I saw them at Ross last night in black AND brown for $32.99 a pair." Her eyes widened and the next day, she waltzed in with the brown pair. Can you guess what she did? I'm sure you can and, yes, I encouraged it.

They not only carry current ladies' styles, but also current men's designer dress shoes. And I know you fellows spend a pretty penny on shoes, but you'll wear them till they fall apart. You may as well save a few bucks, have a stylish pair of well made shoes, and use the money you saved on, I don't know, the next UFC fight or something.

Here are some of my favorite finds, all for less than $35 a pair. They're all my treasures. Enjoy the hunt!

♥  - The Bougie Budgetista 

Carlos by Carlos Santana "Queens"

Guess Patent Leather Platform Pump

Carlos by Carlos Santana "Feisty"

No comments:

Post a Comment